Fan Gallery Expansion
These are our notes on people we'd like to add to the
If you would like to suggest someone to be included, please send e-mail
to us at
If you have a photo of someone on our list, please write to us
before sending your snapshot.
If you have a digital photo to send us, they may be sent to
We prefer digital pictures of
"megapixel" resolution or greater.
No expenses will be paid out or reimbursed without prior approval from the
SCIFI Treasurer. Please don't spend anything "on
If you mail us a 5x7, we may want to use it as-is. If you mail us a
smaller snapshot (such as a 4x6),
we may enlarge it at the corner drugstore magic photo
machine - let us know if you want the snapshot back.
Or if you like, you can ask for the "Photo CD" when you have your film
developed, and we'll use that.
- Who is it?
- Given a choice, and all other things being equal,
we like seeing their face and eyes.
Candid shots or a posed shot with something appropriate in the
background are preferred to straight head-and-shoulders photos.
- Is it in color? print film or digital?
- Do you have a Photo CD you can send us?
- Is it a digital picture? Megapixel or better? High resolution?
- When was it taken (month/year)?
- Is it an individual photo? Not a group shot, and preferably nobody in
the background either.
- If you're taking pictures of married couples, we'd like
a single photo of each as well as a photo of both.
- Is it sharp and in focus, not overexposed or underexposed?
Vertical format is slightly preferred over horizontal, if you're
comfortable shooting with the camera sideways.
We can display more photos per row if more of them are vertical format,
and the vertical format usually [not always] results in less "wasted
space" on the left and right that doesn't relate to the subject.
- Note for digital photographers: We usually lose about 10% off of the long
dimension and 20% off of the short dimension by the time we crop it to
5"x7" proportions and frame it. So please don't zoom in too close, and
please don't crop the image before sending it to us.
- Did you take it? May we display it in the Fan Gallery?
- Do we have permission to use it on the website as well?
- Do you want your photo back, or may we keep/discard it?
Our mailing address is: FAN GALLERY c/o BADEN, PO BOX 17522, Anaheim CA
92817-7522, USA. Unsolicited photos sent at your own risk.
Sending us photos does not guarantee we'll use any of them. Please
e-mail us first at email@example.com.